Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Perfect Musician

By Your Side


Late night designing for the shop and Pandora can sometimes make a very interesting and emotional combination. I have always loved music. I love the poetry, the melodies, the rhythm  I grew up in a house where the sound of a guitar always accompanied me. My father is an amazing musician. Every night when he would come home from work, he would play until his fingers physically would not let him hold another chord. 
That guitar rang throughout the house, bounced off the walls at night and made its presence well known in every room. Reflecting on my childhood, that guitar remained through every circumstance. I remember it as a little girl. It was there through middle school instant messaging on the shared kitchen computer. It remained on the night after my first day of high school. It was there the night my family learned the news of Baby Bear's unexpected arrival, and it rang even louder. Through life's ups and downs, the music remained. It never left. It never stopped.
My father does not always have the words to say, but when he picks up a guitar there are no need for words. His emotions become melodies. His words become notes. He becomes what he is playing. Through the harder parts of life, his guitar remained. It is a part of him and as a direct result of musical osmosis, it has leaked into and become a  part of me.  

What an immaculate companionship: a musician and his music. Such pride is taken in his work. 

The same can be said for another Musician: The Perfect Musician. This musician does not always have words that we can hear, but He makes Himself known through the melodies and notes he orchestrates in His people. His music always remains. It never leaves. It never stops. As a direct result of musical osmosis, our Creator's melodies should leak into and become a part of the unreached places of this world. 

What an immaculate companionship: the Creator and his Creations. Such pride is taken in His work.

The image posted at above is from a song by Tenth Avenue North: By Your Side. It is so easy to forget that He is by our side. When I was younger, my father's guitar would sometimes drown away while I focused on more important issues. It was not always the center of my attention, but it was there. When we let God fade into the background noise,we forget that He is there. But when we take the time to  stop to listen, His melodies can easily be heard. And as we reflect on our lives, we start to appreciate the constant song of our God. 

In this busy life we need to stop and listen. Maybe then we will hear His melodies and start to harmonize with Him through our lives.

-Katie  



1 comment:

09 10