Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Love Does: God Does


THE FINAL COUNTDOWN


So I’d be lying if I said that I was 100% ready to move across the WORLD! As the move date gets closer, the emotions get stronger. Some days I feel as though we are just prepping for another visit. And then….HOLY BATMAN WE ARE MOVING….hits me! I have always embraced changed and adaptation and have learned to be content in every situation. BUT moving across the world is super super daunting and I feel the weight of it settling in.
Now before I go into total freak-out  mode, I thought I’d share with you guys to see if you would mind praying to calm my nerves! ­­

LOVE DOES


STORY TIME! A few weeks ago I had lunch with the sweetest lady/mentor a girl could ask for, Kristi Brantley. At the end of our meal she challenged me with a question, “If you could as God for one thing that you needed more of, (outside of anyone else) what would it be?”.

Clarification: something that God could give me outside of my husband, my son, my family, everything. Just for me.

I was completely stumped on that one. I am sure many mamas would be right there with me. We don’t stop and think about ourselves very often because we are too busy thinking about other things!! I left there without an answer to her question. A week or so went by and her question ran through my mind again. This time, I asked God to show me an area in me that needed more attention.

As real as this computer beneath my fingers, He said “love”, “physical love”.

I give lots of love. I love to give. It genuinely makes me happy to help. I do not need affirmation about a gift. I don’t need recognition. I love giving. I love doing. 

Because LOVE DOES.

By now I am in tears because God hit the nail on the head. But He is God, so I should not have been surprised. Then I get to where I am going and continue my day as normal. I had a coffee date with Katie Rivers that afternoon and as we sat and chatted about our semi-new ‘Mama Lives’, we found our way to the topic of cameras. I have been wanting a new camera for a while so I asked her if she could recommend any for me. After about 20 minutes of camera convo, she stopped, looked me in the eyes and said, 

“Katie, I am going to give you my old camera.”

Okay guys, this camera is not a rinky dink point and shoot camera. Brand new it costs $1,000….I was absolutely SPEECHLESS! I literally had nothing to say. The kindness and selflessness of this gift was incredible.

Here it is:


Later that day I received a message from an old friend. I currently coach her little girl Thursday morning at the YMCA. She asked me if I would like any coffee from Starbucks Thursday morning FREE OF CHARGE! Heck yes I want free coffee.

And then it hit me. Like a huge emotional tital wave. You know the ones God bring to you? 
On the SAME day I asked and prayed for God to show me what I could receive more of, He gave me “love”, “physical love”. The kind of love that does and expects nothing in return.
I needed that hug from my Father. Thanks God.

I would LOVE to hear your recent “slap you in the face, I love you God” stories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10